|Tourism Wells Gray
Tourism Marketing Coordinator
The full job description - FYI
Title: Tourism Marketing and Promotions Coordinator
Reports to: Board of Directors
The Marketing and Promotions Coordinator will report to Tourism Wells Gray’s Board of
Directors, this position is responsible for supporting Tourism Wells Gray tourism product
development and marketing initiatives by managing the organization to support strategic
priorities and deliver results. This includes responsibility for the development and execution of
the association’s Tourism Development Plan, which involves strategic planning, market
research and analysis, plan development, creative direction, and budget administration.
The Tourism Coordinator is responsible for managing tourism product development, marketing
activities and vendor relationships and is a spokesperson for Tourism Wells Gray and its
membership. This position is key to the development of tourism products, coordination of print
materials, newsletters, branding materials, and web content. The Tourism Coordinator will
also ensure consistent application of Tourism Wells Grays’s brand.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reports to the Board and maintains open communication with the Board.
• Keeps the Board informed of all significant matters and serves as an advisor to the
Board on policy issues that relate to the Society. This will involve supporting operations and
deliberations of the Board by providing Directors with information they need to make informed
• Work with the Board Chair to ensure the timely availability of relevant information
packages for the Directors in advance of the Board meetings,
• Determines the methods by which the Board’s policies and directions will be executed
and oversees the implementation of all approved tourism plans. This will include undertaking
the tactical execution of the product development and marketing components of the Tourism
• Acts as the interface between the Board and any additional staff that may come to be
associated with Tourism Wells Gray. In the event that there are additional staff, the Tourism
Manager oversees staff according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully
conform to current laws and regulations and are in accordance with documented personnel
practices and procedures approved by the Board.
• Develops and implements procedures to monitor progress in achieving objectives, and
reports the findings to the Board on a regular basis.
• Works with the Board of Directors to ensure the “Clearwater and Wells Gray Country
Tourism Plan” strategies are being implemented and executed in a timely manner.
• Works with the stakeholders of the industry
• Facilitates product development through working with appropriate partners.
• Act as project manager for all product development and marketing activities.
• Key marketing contact for vendors and members.
• Manage and direct the development, design and delivery of print, web and presentation
• Evaluate current markets and make recommendations for new marketing opportunities.
• Prudently manages the expenditure of funds within budget guidelines and according to
the directions established by the Board-approved annual work-plan and budget.
• Presents quarterly monitoring of budgetary performance to the Board, and ensures the
accuracy, completeness and integrity of the Society’s financial information and management
information systems through appropriate policies and procedures.
• Manages and controls the operations of Tourism Wells Gray on a day-to-day basis in
accordance with the Tourism Development Plan, and any subsequent annual plans and
policies that are approved by the Board.
• Required to complete a quarterly report to the Board regarding the process of the
• Develops annual work plans and an annual budget in association with the Board.
• Acts as the point of contact for internal and external stakeholders.
• Ensures that performance related to the achievement of the Society’s Strategic Plan
vision, goals and objectives are presented in a strong and positive manner to all stakeholders
and the community.
• Builds awareness of the value of tourism in the community.
• Facilitates communication between stakeholders.
• Facilitates the building of knowledge within the industry and the sharing of information
and market intelligence.
• Manage contracted service providers (designers, writers, photographers, etc)
• Manage website design, development and maintenance for Tourism Wells Gray’s website.
• Develop and Coordinate media relations, media buying and media Fam Tours, direct and
evaluate annual media relations plan and activities.
• Develop goals and objectives, projects and priorities and assign them where appropriate.
• Participate on various internal and external committees; attends public events.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
UNUSUAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Attendance and/or assistance may be required before or after normal working hours to
attend functions and respond to press calls. Occasional business travel could also be
required. Weekend work may be required.
• A post secondary certificate, diploma or degree in Business Administration, Marketing,
Communications, Tourism or similar is an asset.
• Minimum of two to three years experience directly related to the duties and
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and the ability to
communicate to diverse audiences
• Proven success in the development, planning and execution of marketing plans.
• Skilled in directing, delegating and organizing resources and establishing priorities.
• Comprehensive knowledge of communication principles, media, and marketing
• Ability to persuade and influence others.
• Comprehensive knowledge of print and web design and publishing tools, procedures and
• Comprehensive knowledge of tourism industry.
• Excellent Knowledge of business and reporting software (MS Office)
• Ability to supervise and train assigned staff / volunteers.
• Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
• Knowledge of public events sponsorship arrangements and procedures.
HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF
That’s our problem! No one has!
Clearwater has incredible alpine meadows, pristine rivers and lakes, and more wildlife
than you can shake a camera at. We need a creative, self-starter with proven marketing
and promotions experience to help us put this gorgeous area on the map.
MARKETING AND PROMOTIONS COORDINATOR
We offer good wages and benefits, a great small town lifestyle and all of the outdoor
recreation you could want!
For more information and to submit a resume please e mail [email protected].
OR Call Tay Briggs 1 250 587 6444
Your Dream job is waiting for you- apply now!